NATO Lessons Learned Staff Officer Course
Effective June 2011, the JALLC took over the Directorship and management of the NATO Lessons Learned Staff Officer Course (NLLSOC). The course is facilitated by the Swedish Armed Forces International Centre in Kungsängen near Stockholm, Sweden.
Lecturers and mentors come from both Allied Command Operations and Allied Command Transformation, whilst guest speakers come from a plethora of locations and Nations. A significant portion of the contributors are civilian and military staff from the JALLC. The course is well-balanced between lectures and practical activities, and includes history and background, networking opportunities, and the opportunity to share lessons learned.
To prepare NATO Lessons Learned Staff Officers to manage and execute an organizational Lessons Learned process using NATO Lessons Learned-related processes, training, tools, and information sharing in order to develop a Lessons Learned capability. During the course, participants also gain knowledge of organizational learning, observation collection, basic analysis techniques as well as endorsing, resourcing, tasking, and implementing Lessons Identified.
Personnel who are posted, or soon to be posted, to NATO Lessons Learned billets within NATO commands and agencies NATO Nations and Partner Nations or Organizations.
- Introducing the principles of Knowledge Management and Organizational Learning and the role of Lessons Learned within these principles, the role of innovation theory and the use of scenarios within the LL Capability;
- NATO Lessons Learned Capability Overview – in-depth overview of the NATO LL Capability with emphasis on the supporting elements and critical success factors; The NATO Lessons Learned Process - the principles, examples, tools, techniques, and applications of the NATO LL process;
- LL Capability Support Elements - developing an understanding of the support elements across Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Leadership, Personnel, Facilities, and Interoperability that enable execution of the LL process and delivery of command LL Capabilities;
- Examples of NATO LL Application;
- Examples of Practical projects.
Dates and Application
- NATO LL SOC 12 - 16 March 2018 - Closing date for application 09 Feb 2018
- NATO LL SOC 04 - 08 June 2018 - Closing date for application 20 Apr 2018
- NATO LL SOC 12 - 16 November 2018 - Closing date for application 21 Sep 2018
To apply for the next NATO LLSO, please download the Application Form, fill it in, and send it back to NATOLLSOC@jallc.nato.int before closing date.
Swedint will send the confirmation letter once selected at the end of the process.
More Information available at the Swedish Armed Forces site.